THE NEXT GENERATION OF INDUSTRY LEADING KUBICEK POLYESTER FABRICK BRINGS EVEN MORE BENEFITS FOR ITS USERS
- The fabric tear strength has been trippled – providing higher envelope tear resistance during handling and landings in hostile terrain.
- Our new coating formula minimizes the potential for increased porosity throughout the life of the envelope of fabric in the operation. It will save fuel and increase the usefulness of the balloon over its lifetime.
- Greater airtightness – causes lower gas consumption. It makes a noticeable difference.
- You will really appreciate new „soft touch“ surface – packaging process is more comfortable now.
- In the Kubicek Factory we optimized our manufacturing process – and reduced ecological impact.
NUMEROUS ADVATAGES OF POLYESTER FABRIC
- High temperature resistance - the fabric exposed to higher temperatures degrades very slowly, so you don't need to worry about shortened life when overheated!
- Unrivaled lifetime - can last in excess of 1000 hrs / with proper care. No heavy nylon fabric needed to extend the life of the balloon!
- Colour stability - colours stay bright and shiny during the balloon’s lifetime. Color bleeding is non existent.
- Repels dust and dirt - does not attract dust and dirt everytime your envelope comes into contact with sandy or dusty ground.
- There is no concern with packing wet balloon. Polyester will not mildew or develop a rank odor when packed away wet. However, it is good practice to open bag and let the balloon air out within a few days.
KUBICEK POLYESTER BALLOON FABRIC
68 g/m2 | 2.0 oz
Warp: 650 N/5 cm | 225 lb/3 in
Weft: 570 N/5 cm | 195 lb/3 in
Warp: 65 N
Weft: 90 N
124 °C | 255 °F
800–1 000 hrs
150 cm | 59 in
2 200 m3 – 13 000 m3
77 – 460
|Repels dust and dirt||Ecological||Colour stability|
Is polyester fabric heavy?
Polyester fabric is a bit heavier than typical nylon fabric (by few grams per square meter). On a 4 000 m3 (140) envelope the weight difference would be around 5 kg (10 lb). The benefit is that you do not need any “heavy nylon fabric”, which increases the 4 000 m3 (140) envelope weight by more than 10 kg (20 lb).
Lifetime of Polyester envelope and “heavy nylon fabric” envelope is comparable (up to 1000 hours) with several benefits of polyester envelope - lighter, more cost effective and no colour difference between heavy nylon fabric top and bottom part of the envelope.
Is nylon fabric stronger than polyester?
Indeed. But only when the envelope is brand new. Nylon fabric degrades a lot faster so a couple of hundred hours later the polyester becomes stronger. The real question is not which fabric is stronger but how many hours you can fly before you reach the minimum fabric strength limit (so called grab test) – and polyester provides many more hours!
Why 124 °C limit?
Due to high fuel consumption which appears with higher envelope temperature. Kubicek Polyester can simply take 150 °C with no structure issue or ruining the envelope lifetime. But lack of fuel can be real issue.
Why other manufacturers do not use polyester fabric?
Some of them would like to but they cannot buy it on the open market, and Kubicek is the only one with own fabric mill.