How to satisfy client really fast? Make a balloon with digital printed logo and nonstandard colours in a week only!
SKY balloon, made within one week only!
Day by day:
- Day 0, Thursday afternoon. Crispin, on a trip to Portugal, called the factory. Could we deliver an artworked balloon on Monday? Fortunately not the next one, but the one after. We would have 10 days at most and the artwork was still unknown but we knew the name. The answer was why not? The 1st and 2nd visuals were sent to the client that afternoon. The correct logo arrived late afternoon and the 3rd visual was on the clients desk that evening. At sunset the order was accepted by both sides.
- Day 1, Friday. PC work on design preparation started. Fabric was sent up to the printing machine. And now they wanted banners as well!
- Day 2 and 3, week-end. The large SKY logos were printed. Artwork for the banners arrived. Fabric was cut.
- Day 4, Monday. At midday the size of the banner changed, first in size and then in position. Banners printed. Registration confirmed. First gores completed.
- Day 5, Tuesday. Client considers the banners to small so they are enlarged and the old banners discarded. The 4th visual sent out to the client. More gores completed.
- Day 6, Wednesday. Destination for the balloon changed. Last position changes of arrows and banners. Visual no. 8 accepted. Velcro areas completed.
- Day 7, Thursday. Nomex mouth, scoop and the parachute being worked on.
- Day 8, Friday. Balloon finished. New banners printed.
- Day 9 and 10, weekend. (Reserve, not used)
- Day 11, Monday. Parachute fitted, balloon and paperwork finished. Banners completed.
- Day 12, Tuesday. Crispin in house. First inflation. Banners fitted, balloon paid for and collected.
- Day 13, Wednesday. Tethered in Rome. Sponsor delighted.
Soft landings Igor!