“Buckle up!” Or maybe, “From competitive pilots for competitive pilots.” Either way, both phrases can exactly express the meaning of eXtreme Racer. Designed by our team of engineers involved in the top CIA events worldwide as the ultimate and uncompromising racer for the most demanding pilots.
In the beginning, there was a simple claim of our factory pilots: “Build us the best tool for competition.” And now we know we are right, when we proudly say: “Here it is!”
In order to reach the highest ascend/descend rate of unbelievable 9 m/s / 1800 ft/min, our engineers came up with a very slim, football-shaped design. There are no side movements during the maximum rates and no collapsing of the balloon either. Sometimes it just feels too safe to descend at the speed of 9 m/s
By using all mathematical and aerodynamical models, we have designed an envelope with optimal surrounding air-flow and minimizing the aerodynamical resistance. Due to these facts, the eXtreme Racer can not only reach the highest vertical speed, but it also reacts very quickly to piloting.
Since the balloon is designed for achieving the highest performance, it comes with a series of safety elements:
- parachute with attached top - this way the vent can never fall down inside while quickly ascending
- tightened mouth of the balloon - to avoid the balloon from collapsing during descend
- extra horizontal tapes above the equator - in case of collision with another balloon
Upon your request we highly recommend for maximum performance:
- paralite inside - this type of an envelope cannot be equipped by standard FDS Slide vent, since we cannot guarantee its safety during fast ascend
- top see-through windows including a central window to cover the “blind spot” right above the balloon.
- taller nomex option
- rotation vent
|Type||Volume [m3]||Volume [cuft]||# of Gores||Optimal # of Passengers||Graphic sheet|
|BB14XR||1,450||51,000||16||pilot||PDF [258 kB]|
|BB16XR||1,600||56,000||16||pilot||PDF [258 kB]|
|BB17XR||1,700||59,900||16||pilot||PDF [258 kB]|
- Full size nomex mouth - first envelope panel
- Full nomex scoop
- Balloon transportation bag
- Spare fabric
- Nomex braided control lines
- Crown line
- Registration marks
- 4 Stubai karabiners
- Melting link
The envelope is by default made of Kubicek Polyester fabric.
Additional envelope equipment
Feel free to find all the specified additional equipment here.